Phillip Adams offers a variety of workshops for adults and young dance makers.
Shaker Maker are our youth dance workshops designed to align with and enhance VCE/VET dance curriculum and seeks to engage and inspire, the next generation of Victorian dance artists, educators and choreographers. Shaker Maker Workshops can be tailored to suit the needs of any specific group and are offered as a one-off encounter or, multi visit workshop series. Shaker Maker engages students in new dance perspectives inclusive of innovative choreography, contemporary dance technique, and performance making ideas. Workshops will include:
- Contemporary Dance Technique & Warm Up
- Exploration/demonstration of Phillip Adams BalletLab repertoire
- Participation in creative/choreographic tasks
- Q&A with Shaker Maker facilitators
All workshops are led by members of PABL’s elite ensemble made up of some of Australia’s most talented and in demand contemporary dancers. Each Shaker Maker experience concludes with a valuable Q&A session offering participants, an opportunity to gain first hand insight into
- The critically acclaimed choreographic practice of PABL Artistic Director,Phillip Adams Australian dance history
- Trends in contemporary practice locally and abroad
- Pathways to professional careers in dance in Australia
All workshop participants will have access to our downloadable resource pack. This accompanying resource material has been developed in consultation with Ausdance Victoria and aims to add longer-term engagement for participating students and their teachers, outside of the workshop experience. Accompanying resources are all mapped to deliverables of the VCE/VET dance studies unit and include:
- Exclusive web links to PABL’s repertoire including critically acclaimed works Amplification (1999) Origami (2006) and Aviary (2011)
- Media materials and reviews for each of these retrospective works
- Accompanying lists of performance, choreographic and written tasks associated with selected excerpts from each of these works.